Today I want to share with you one of my favorite sites, and an awesome social media tool just for book-lovers. And if you have already heard of it, hopefully I’ll mention a feature or two you were unaware of.
This bibliophile’s haven is called Goodreads, and it exists for anyone who has ever struggled to keep up with that ever-growing, often overwhelming TBR pile (that stack of books on your nightstand that’s spilled over to every flat surface of your house. Or maybe that’s just me.)
You can also keep track of what you have already read, organized and tagged however you’d like–genre, subject, etc.. (Yes, I even have a shelf just for my Star Wars books.) And with the Goodreads app, you can carry your collection on your smartphone. So no more getting to the library and wondering Have I read this one already?
Here are a few other cool features:
- Read reviews (or write your own!)
- Enter into free book giveaways
- Connect with authors
- Join or create reading groups and book clubs
- Get recommendations
- Set a yearly reading challenge (I’m five books behind on mine, yikes!)
- Connect with Facebook and other social media, find your friends and see what they’re reading!
You can also create widgets for your blogs and websites, make an author page if you’ve published your own book, and tons more.