So if you haven’t heard of it yet, I want to introduce you all to a new word today. By now, if you’ve spent much time on the internet you’ve definitely become familiar with “selfies,” but have you heard of “shelfies?” Fairly straightforward: they’re pictures of your bookshelves. Sometimes your shelves + you.
If you’ve ever wondered how a librarian organizes their books at home (and I’m sure this question keeps you up at night) here is my “shelfie” in two parts. Click the images if you want to see a full-sized view…
- the Ted Dekker Shelf (one of my favorite authors ever)
- my historical fiction, sorted chronologically
- UK editions of the Harry Potter series
- my (partial) collection of Star Wars books and comics
- writing books
- Civil War books
- Can you tell which shelves hold all my books about Ireland? 😛
What do your shelves look like? How do you organize your books–by color, subject, or author? Take a “shelfie” and post it–tag us in it on Facebook, or add the hashtags #rpltx and #shelfie so we can find them on social media!