We are very excited to announce that registration is now open for our second annual Roanoke Writers’ Conference (September 2 & 3)!
Our theme this year is Building Community, Cultivating Creativity. Attendees will hear from professional writers with successful careers in traditional and indie publishing and learn new ways to improve their writing, be inspired to create, and connect with other writers while discovering the importance of being involved in a writing community.
Check out some of the highlights for 2016:
Friday evening (September 2 at 6:30 pm), we’ll have:
- a catered dinner
- writing contest awards (contest details)
- and keynote speaker Tex Thompson will be presenting “Finding Your Pulse: steady, healthy, ongoing work that is good writing–and good living.”
And on Saturday from 10 to 6 we’ll offer:
- presentations and workshops (full descriptions of this year’s classes here)
- 15 minute one-on-one critique sessions with a writing mentor
- an author Meet & Greet and book signings
This year’s authors and mentors:
Tex Thompson, J. Kathleen Cheney, Melanie Fletcher, Rachelle Harp, Kristi Hutson, Kevin Kaiser, William Ledbetter, Sarah MacTavish, Jenny Martin, Henry McLaughlin, Shawn Scarber, Frank Ball, Justin Cartlidge, and Debbie Rodia
You can register online (see link below). The cost for Saturday’s conference is $30 for adults, $15 for Teens. If you would like to attend the dinner (limited seating), there is an additional $15 cost.
When you register, you will also have a chance to sign up for our limited seating, 90-minute workshops, so be sure to check out the presentation details.
Hope to see you there!